In the early 1990s, after a long period of bovine collagen use, Hyaluronic acids (HAs) became the most commonly used biodegradable fillers in Europe. Has are very popular for both soft tissue augmentation and facial volume restoration.
The use of HAs in cosmetic practice has literally gone up exponentially in the last 15 years. HAs are now safe, well-tolerated with minimal side effects. All products on the market are regulated.
In our practice, we mainly use two products. Juvéderm® (Allergan) and RADIESSE® (Merz Aesthetics). We can use others on request. We find these two HAs very versatile and have had excellent patient results.
Juvéderm® Ultra Range
- Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE is specially formulated for the lips and mouth area. It is designed to enhance lip volume, redefine lip shape and to treat vertical lip lines. It can also be used to treat depressions at the corner of the mouth.
- Juvéderm® ULTRA 2 treats the fine lines, especially those around the corner of the eye and the tear trough area.
- Juvéderm® ULTRA 3 smooths medium and deep wrinkles like those between the nose and corner of the mouth and around the lips.
- Juvéderm® ULTRA 4 has even greater volumising effects and works on the most noticeable folds and lines and can improve facial contours.
RADIESSE® is a volumising injectable dermal filler that restores volume and adds structure to the skin. The unique, innovative and safe gel formula contains calcium microspheres (CaHa) which stimulate the production of your own natureal collagen.
Treatments typically take around 30 minutes and the discomfort level is minimal. The results are instant and can last up to 12 months in many patients with a single treatment.
RADIESSE® is broken down by the body and naturally metabolised over time. It is clinically proven to b effective and safe with very high patient satisfaction ratings.
More than 3 million packs of RADIESSE® have been used by practitioners and patients worldwide since 2004. In 2006 the US FDA approved RADIESSE® for soft tissue augmentation.
RADIESSE® - Effective in Many Areas
- EYEBROW - Radiesse can lift your eyebrows to make tour eyes appear open and fresh.
- TEMPLE - Hollow temples can be filled out to give your face a fuller, youthful appearance.
- CHEEKBONES - Volume in the cheekbone strengths the 'V'shape of the face and shapes a youthful appearance.
- NASOLABIAL FOLDS - The folds between the nose and corner of the mouth, also know as the 'laughter lines', are often the most noticeable lines. They can be filled out easily, giving you a fresher and younger look immediately.
- MARIONETTE LINES - These are the lines that go from the corners of your mouth down to the jaw. With these lines filled with Radiesse, you will gain a cheerful expression.
- LOWER JAWLINE or JOWL AREA - Defined contours on the lower jaw help to maintain the youthful 'V'.
- BRIDGE OF THE NOSE - Nasal imperfections can be reshaped and smoothed out with Radiesse without resorting to surgery.
- CHIN - A sunken chin fold can be filled in with Radiesse defining the base of the 'V'.
- BACK OF THE HAND - Veins and bones are more clearly visible with age. Retain a youthful appearance by plumping the backs of the hands.