Within 24 Hours
Transient bruising, redness and swelling
Lumecca is the most powerful intense pulsed light (IPL) to treat pigmented and vascular lesions. After just one use patients notice significant improvements in the complexion and clarity of the skin.
Lumecca improves the appearance of:
- Age Spots
- Vascular lesions such as facial telangiectasias (spider veins) and poikiloderma
- Rosacea (redness)
- Sun Damage
Lumecca operates using photothermolysis, which provides a photofacial through the delivery of a comfortable light treatment.
During Treatment there will be a bright flash of light from the Lumecca that feels like a light elastic sensation. Redness ans a slight warming of the skin are normal after treatment and usually subsides within an hour. Over the next 24 - 48 hours you may see a darkening of pigmented spots; in the week afterwards the pigmented lesions flake off, leading to an evening out of skin tone.
After treating vascular lesions you may see the vein blanch and disappear or a colour change in the vessel which dissipates after a few days.
Your practitioner will discuss your requirements with you at your consultation to ensure your treatment is tailored to your desired outcome, but it usually takes from 15 to 45 minutes.
An improved skin appearance can be noticed after the first session. Multiple sessions provide even better results. Treatment regime depends on the severity of skin damage, skin type, type of treatment (vascular vs sun damage) and energy settings.
Lumecca can be used on all areas of the body. The most common areas of treatment are zones that are regularly exposed to the sun. This often includes the face, neck, décolletage, legs, hands and arms.
Most patients experience no side effects, occasionally minor skin redness/swelling may occur but usually resolves within a few hours. Patients may find they are sensitive to sunlight immediately after treatment.
Following precautions should be taken after the treatment:
- Avoid sun exposure or the use of tanning beds for the duration of your course of treatments and up to 4 - 6 weeks after treatment.
- Do not use any self-tan products for at least 2 weeks after your treatment and at least 10 days after treatment.
- Do not pick or scratch the treated area
- Avoid rough handling of the area treated
- Avoid very hot baths, showers, steam baths, sauna for 1 week after treatment.
- Avoid rough sports for 24-48 hrs.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use sun cream, SPF 50 after treatment
- Try to use cleansing products that have been developed for sensitive skin for 2 - 3 days after treatment.
- Be gentle when dry or rubbing the area treated.
Paracetamol & anti histamines and avoid direct sunlight