Last updated: 31 March 2021
This policy explains what cookies are, how Cardiff Cosmetic Clinic uses them on our website and what you can do to manage how they are used.
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site, a web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device (whichever you are using to view our site).
Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. A number of cookies that we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
The cookies and/or other similar technologies we use collect information, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Cookies help us to:
- Ensure a smooth experience for you whilst on our website
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve both the speed and security of our site
- Allow you to share pages on other platforms and social media channels
- Continue to improve our website to give you the best experience
- Ensure our marketing is efficient
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not receive the full experience of the Site.
How long do Cookies last?
When you use a website, a web server sends a cookie to your browser and device, asking it to keep that particular cookie until a certain date and time. This length of time can vary:
- A date in the future – this could be a few minutes or a few hours from now, this is usually the case when tracking your shopping cart in an online store. The cookie might expire many years in the future, to keep track of your browser for a long time.
- When you close your browser – this is called a session cookie, the next time you start your browser these will have vanished.
- A date in the past – this is how the server asks a browser to remove a previously-stored cookie.
Third Party Cookies through Google Analytics
Anonymous Visitor Statistics & Cookies
- how many people have visited our website
- the device that they used
- how long they spent on our website
- the pages they looked at etc
This information helps us to improve our website. These cookies also tell us (anonymously) how people reached our website, for example from a search engine or from a social media page, and if they’ve been here before. Our website uses Google Analytics to track our visitor statistics.
Advertising or targeting cookies
These types of cookies are used to deliver adverts which will be more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are normally placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Targeting or advertising cookies will often be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
We use ‘Advertising’ cookies on our website to:
- Link to social networks, like Facebook, who may use information to provide targeted advertising to you on other websites
- Used to identify that you have already visited our website and to show you relevant adverts from us
- Provide advertising networks with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in
- Third party functions such as embedded YouTube videos or Google Maps
Essential session management
Recognising when a visitor to the Site has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the Site and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get.
We may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of the Site.
Customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for example by storing a country code and providing users with content relevant to their country.
Performance and measurement
To collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with users
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch off cookies by adjusting your browser settings to prevent it from accepting cookies. However, doing so, will likely limit the functionality of our website. Learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can exercise the right to find out what, if any, personal information that we may hold about you at any time by contacting us:
By post -
Cardiff Cosmetic Clinic
The City Surgery
187 City Road
Or send us an email to email@example.com.
We will respond within 30 days.