NeoGen™ Plasma Skin Regeneration (PSR)
Cardiff Cosmetic Clinic is the first clinic in Wales to offer the breakthrough NeoGen™ PSR. This unique device is powered by pioneering technology that is a fantastic alternative to plastic surgery. The best part is it’s non-surgical and non-ablative, meaning you don’t need to go under the knife or burn the surface of your skin for incredible results. It treats a range of skin conditions and imperfections on the face and body, including skin damage caused by acne scars and actinic keratosis; ageing skin caused by facial rhytides (wrinkles) and non-facial rhytides; pigmented lesions caused by sun damage, photo damage, hyperpigmentation, pigmentation and skin discoloration; skin growth caused by seborrheic keratosis, and viral tumors caused by viral papillomata.
What is NeoGen™ Plasma Treatment?
A first of its kind, NeoGen™ PSR is powered by cutting-edge nitrogen plasma technology to treat the whole architecture of the skin on the face and body. Developed by the leading tech manufacturer for medical and cosmetic procedures, Energist - it’s designed to emit heat into the skin in controlled pulses without destroying tissue. This stimulates the production of collagen and elastin to treat stubborn skin conditions and unlock a cascade of anti-ageing benefits.
How does NeoGen™ PSR treatment work?
NeoGen™ PSR converts nitrogen gas into plasma energy to safely heat the skin. Thermal energy is then transferred quickly to the tissue at varying depths, depending on your specific requirements. At Cardiff Cosmetic Clinic, we specialise in two types of treatments, namely:
Multiple low energy treatments: Carried out by our incredible Aesthetics Therapist, Karen, our low energy treatments target small areas at time, like around the eyes or décolletage. Two to 3 treatments are recommended and each session has a duration of around 10 - 30 minutes, with a minimum amount of downtime and redness. This means it can be performed during lunch breaks and you can return to work afterwards. During treatment, you may feel a slight discomfort but nothing significant. After treatment, many clients report their skin feeling warm and radiating a little heat.
This treatment frequency is suitable for the following skin types:
- Skin types 1, 2 and 3: Such as actinic keratosis, wrinkles (mild, moderate severe), fine lines, acne scarring and much more.
- Skin type 4: Such as photodamage, eye-region treatment, melasma, active acne, burns revision, and much more.
- Skin types 5 and 6: Can be carried out safely at the discretion of the practitioner.
- One high-energy treatment: Under the care of our esteemed Aesthetics Doctor, Dr. Raj, this is a non-surgical facelift, targeting the full-face. It’s a one-off treatment with a duration of around 1 hour, requiring downtime between 5 and 7 days. We will advise on pain management options in-person.
Perfect for skin types between 1 and 3. Skin types 5 and 6 are at the discretion of the practitioner. Skin type 4 also has protocols for higher energy.
What are the benefits of NeoGen™ PSR treatment?
Non surgical eyelid lift
- Due to the gentle, effective and versatile nature of NeoGen™ PSR, it’s one of the only systems to directly treat eyelids without surgery, it's the best non surgical eyelid lift. It’s a highly tolerable procedure, requiring minimal downtime, treatment time is quick, and it’s a safe and cost-effective alternative to surgical procedures
- If you’re using NeoGen™ PSR for its anti-ageing benefits, expect to get tighter skin naturally, emanating with youthful radiance
- Those treating certain conditions can expect skin that’s more even toned and smooth with a healthy glow.
Depending on the type of treatment you select, either our Aesthetics Doctor or Aesthetics Therapist, will apply numbing cream to your treatment areas. Our expert will then glide the NeoGen™ PSR handpiece over your skin as it releases pulses of heat energy. The non-surgical and non-ablative nature of the treatment means your skin remains intact, but if you’re opting for the high-energy treatment, the outer layer of treated skin will eventually flake or peel. We will advise you when you should expect to see this happen.
There is minimal downtime, if any, for low energy treatments. It can even be performed during your lunch break so you can return to work afterwards. The high energy treatment requires downtime between 5 and 7 days.
The high energy treatment requires one session only. Low energy treatments typically require 2 to 3 sessions. However, the exact number depends on your skin type, skin condition, desired results and energy level used. At your initial consultation, we will determine your individual needs and expectations, and tailor your treatment towards this.
Surface improvements will appear quickly, between 7 and 10 days, after the treated, outer layer skin peels or flakes off.
Results from NeoGen™ PSR are long lasting and improvements can continue developing for up to a year owing to the deep dermal collagen remodeling.
Yes. The treatment can safely be used in conjunction with facial and non-facial surgical procedures such as facelifts, tummy tucks, thread lifts and scar remodelling.
The treatment can be used on the face and body with popular areas including the neck, décolletage, eye area, and hands.
Yes. We will provide you with guidance on the aftercare of your skin and an aftercare leaflet to take home. As NeoGen™ PSR is non-invasive and non-ablative, rest assured that it’s very easy to take care of your skin post treatment.